Friday, December 09, 2005

I'm a Natural Blonde

I officially had my big BLONDE moment of 2005 this morning. We had a snow storm last night. My car is still in the shop from my accident, so for the past two weeks I've been driving a rental - a red Chevy Cobalt. (Hey, I'm only getting $20 a day coverage!) Anyhoo, I get on my little hat, my little mittens and my big boots, grab a shovel and a broom and go tread through the snow to shovel out my car so I can go to work. I start by using the broom to sweep the snow off the car. As I'm cleaning off the car, I think to myself, "wow, I don't remember my car having a sunroof!"

So, after I clear off the car, I think it would be a good idea to start it up and let it run while I shovel the snow from around the car. One hitch ... I can't get the key all the way in to unlock the door. Hmmm, I think, it must be frozen. I'll have to let it thaw some. So, I commence to shovel the snow from around the car. It's at this point that someone hollers at me from their bedroom window, "What are you doing? That's not your car! Your car is parked 3 cars up the road!" And sure enough ...

You would've thunk the sunroof or maybe even the key not opening the door would have gave it away, right?

Lawd hamercy. And I'm supposed to be intelligent!

"Always the dreamer, always the poet ... always the one who melts with the snow." - Saturn, The Virgin Poet

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home